Data Centre Connectivity
Affordable connectivity to the most desired network ecosystems
A universe of onward connectivity
We operate an extensive network of colocation data centre locations, lighting a dark fibre ring that integrates our own 1,000 rack, 6.5 MVA Tier 3 data centre in Reading with the key interconnection points in Slough and London. These ecosystems open up a universe of onward connectivity: wherever you or your customers have data or equipment, and whichever carriers you work with, we can connect you seamlessly.
The Amito Solution
We’ll deliver a high capacity, quickly deployable and affordable connectivity solution, with a bespoke infrastructure build that’s tailored to your requirements.
We offer three core services:
- Point to point wavelengths – Ethernet, FiberChannel and other protocols, from 10GB to 400GB, from our Reading data centre to anywhere on our network
- Ethernet layer 2 service – connecting any two data centres on the network with seamless dual-site deployments
- IP transit – connecting any site on the network to the internet.
We operate an extensive self-owned dark fibre network, connecting our Reading facility to 21 third party sites that we have selected for their carrier density and highly connected ecosystems. Our dark fibre network enables high capacity, high performance, and high resiliency connections between all of our points of presence.
Amito IP transit
We use high quality transit providers and are present at multiple peering exchanges.
We’re not prepared to compromise when it comes to our network, and have chosen the best connected carriers to ensure the highest quality and performance.
Our Infrastructure means we can deliver:
- Increased bandwidth capacity – enabled by dark fibre, we have exceptionally strong integration with all the key London and Slough based colocation ecosystems. Our enhanced network platform enables us to offer up to 16TB per route.
- The very best resilience – providing 99.99% SLA on network connectivity, with protection against hardware, transit or fibre failure.
- The greatest flexibility – all of our data centres are carrier-neutral.
- Extreme performance – offering 10GB to 400GB ports for our IP transit and wavelength services.
- Hybrid connectivity between cloud and physical environments – with Azure and AWS connections available.
- Fully managed network infrastructure – with 24/7 support from Amito’s hugely experienced team.
Our Reading data centre is a carrier neutral site, with in-house IP transit mix available. Multiple providers have a point of presence (POP) at our Reading data centre. This means we are able to offer a wide range of connectivity options to our customers. Check out our list of carriers – if you don’t see your preferred supplier we are happy to add them.
Reading's largest, most efficient and secure data centre
- 1000 racks
- 60,000 sq ft
- On-site staff 24/7
- Premium physical and virtual security