Amito (“We” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Registrar (“GDPR”), the data controller is Amito, Unit 2, Smallmead Road, Reading, RG2 0QS. The information we hold on you will be processed in accordance with the GDPR.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
When you sign up with us make an enquiry about a product or service, or enter into an employment arrangement with us, we collect information from you:
- Contact Information (Name, Email address, Address, Telephone Number)
- Information relating to any purchase you make with us
- Information that you send to us in order to obtain a quote or order a service
- Information you send to us to obtain support for your service with us
- Information necessary for your employment or assessing your suitability as an employee, including but not limited to your UK employment eligibility (passport/NI details), bank details, payroll reference number, health/medical information, and emergency contact details.
- Photographs, CCTV data and biometric data when you visit one of our Data Centres
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
When you use our website or client portal, we collect information automatically:
- Your IP address
- Date, time and duration you use the site for
- Pages you visit
- Details of the browser or device from which you access the site
- Information collected by cookies
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may obtain additional information about you from third parties, including service providers, fraud protection services and company registries.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- To fulfil our obligations under UK employment law
- To enable us to carry out the normal duties of an employer
- To assess your suitability for employment with us
- To identity you and maintain security of your account
- To provide you with services
- To fulfil a contract with you or to prepare to enter into a contract with you
- To provide you with support for your services
- To ensure the security of our facilities
- To prevent unauthorised or fraudulent use of our services
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
In some circumstances we rely on automated tools to make decisions about a transaction. We monitor the results of these transactions and adjust them to best avoid incorrect decisions. These decisions may cause payments you make to us to be rejected if our systems indicate a high likelihood of fraudulent activity.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will share your personal information with:
- Members of our group of companies, including parent companies, their subsidiaries and our subsidiaries
We may also disclose your personal data to selected third parties:
- Suppliers & subcontractors for the purpose of fulfilling a contract we enter into with you
- Payment providers you have chosen to use to pay for your service
- Analytics providers to monitor site usage patterns and improve our service
- A prospective seller or buyer of any of our businesses or business assets
- Where we are under a legal obligation to disclose your data
- To protect the rights of us or our customers, including sharing information for the purposes of fraud prevention or credit risk reduction
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
It may be necessary to transfer personal data outside of the EEA in order to provide our services with you. We will not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA unless that country has equivalent data protection regulations, or we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the data processor has appropriate standards in place to protect your personal data.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We only retain your personal data for as long as needed for the purpose for which the data was originally collected. We are required to retain certain information for legal or legitimate business purposes, such as accounts records.
Under the GDPR you have a number of rights based on the country in which you live. These include:
RIGHT OF ACCESS
You may request that we provide you with a copy of the personal information we hold about you, subject to verification of your identity.
RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
We strive to ensure that any personal data we hold is correct and complete. If you identify any mistakes or omissions, you may request that we correct or complete it.
RIGHT TO ERASURE
You may request to have personal data we hold about you erased in certain circumstances. However, there are general exclusions to this right including where processing the data is necessary, to satisfy a legal obligation to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
RIGHT TO RESTRICT OR OBJECT TO PROCESSING
Under certain circumstances you may object to our processing of your data. If you object, we will stop processing your personal data unless we are able to demonstrate legitimate grounds for continuing to do so, such as regulatory requirements or a legal claim.
If you believe our processing of your personal data breaches data protection laws, you can file a complaint with a supervisory authority in the country of your residence. For the UK, this supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office who can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk
If you have any questions or requests regarding this Privacy Notice, please address these to Privacy Officer, Amito, Unit 2 Smallmead Road, Reading, RG2 0QS.